No matter your path to becoming a nurse there are lots of benefits to nursing as a profession. Some of these benefits are outlined below.
Here are 5 reasons why you should switch your career to become a nurse:
- Flexibility – Depending on the type of nurse you become you have the option to work a number of different shift types. Some nurses choose to work one 4-hour shift a week while others enjoy working paid overtime by adding an additional 12-hour shift.
- Career Diversity – There are over 70 different types of nurses that you can choose from as a nurse. If you don’t enjoy one type of nursing, you can easily switch to become a different type of nurse.
- Global Demand – Anywhere you go in the country (or the world for that matter) you will find nurses. So no matter where in the world life takes you, there will be opportunities for a nursing job. Some nurses even choose to travel the world as a traveling nurse.
- The Pay – You should never do a job just for the money. But nurses do make good wages and there is always room for pay advancement with advanced nursing degrees. Even with an entry-level nursing degree, you should expect to make wages well above the national average.
- There is a Clear Path – Unlike many jobs, there is a clear job path to becoming a nurse. If you have a previous bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field you can become a nurse quickly with an accelerated nursing program. If you don’t have a previous bachelor’s degree, you can enroll in a 2-year nursing program or a 4-year nursing program.
- Bonus! You Get to Be the Hero – As a nurse, you see people at some of their lowest points. You, as a nurse, get to help build them up. You provide care, support, and encouragement.
Ready to switch your career and become a nurse? If you already have a bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field check out all of the accelerated BSN programs around the country. If you don’t already have a BSN you can still switch you career and become a nurse. There are lots of traditional BSN programs out there as well. You are sure to find a program that is a perfect fit for you.