So, what are the pros of online and traditional classes? Take a look!
- Flexibility – Online classes provide learners the opportunity to learn at the time that’s right for them. Have time at 12 am? Your coursework will be ready for you!
- No commuting – Driving to class can take a lot of time, especially if you live in a large city. If you can learn from the comfort of your own home or the coffee shop on the corner, it can be much more convenient.
- Pacing – While most online classes have due dates for assignments, you have the ability to learn at your own pace for the most part. This provides you the opportunity to spend more time on topics that you struggle with and less on those that you understand already.
- Networking – Nursing is a career that can be grown with a strong network of other professionals. Classroom time gives you the opportunity to meet your future colleagues.
- Immediate feedback – When you’re in a classroom, your instructor is right there. You can raise your hand and have your questions answered immediately instead of waiting for a reply to a message.
- Schedule – In traditional classroom settings, you must be in class at a set time. This forces students to learn the material instead of finding their own time to review it.
When choosing a nursing program, take time to examine your learning style so you can choose the type of class that will work best for you.