Felician University ABSN Programs
Felician University holds high standards for excellence in education while preserving its core Franciscan values of love, service, respect, and the search for truth. It offers a 16-month Hybrid Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program in Parsippany, New Jersey, and an 18- month On-Ground ABSN program in Rutherford, New Jersey. In the hybrid program, students learn didactic information through online classes, while the on-ground program follows an in-person lecture format.
The Hybrid ABSN offers three start dates each year — in January, May, and August — while the On- Ground ABSN program has one start date per year in May. Eligible students with at least 60 non-nursing college credits or a non-nursing bachelor’s degree can launch their careers by earning a BSN at Felician.
ABSN Program Details
The hybrid accelerated nursing curriculum at Felician consists of 70 course credits divided into four semesters. Students learn through a mix of online and in-person experiences, consisting of online classes, in-person labs, and clinical rotations.
The on-ground program consists of 73 credits divided into six semesters, and students learn through in-person lectures, labs, and clinical rotations. Whether you take the hybrid or on-ground path, you’ll receive a superior nursing education:
- Coursework: In these courses, you’ll engage with foundational nursing concepts so you understand the why behind nursing. Students cover pharmacology, health assessment, care of well and sick patients, public health, and more.
- Skills and simulation labs: In skills labs, you’ll learn how to perform the hands-on nursing skills, use nursing equipment, and interview patients. Then during simulation labs, you’ll have a safe space to practice your skills in mock health care scenarios with high-tech manikins.
- Clinical rotations: The final piece of the curriculum consists of real-world experience through our clinical rotations at leading health care facilities in Parsippany and Rutherford, New Jersey. Totaling 850 clinical hours, our program offers students the finest clinical education in diverse patient settings.
ABSN Admission Requirements
If you have at least 60 non-nursing college credits or a non-nursing bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, you may be eligible for the ABSN program at Felician. Other admissions requirements include:
- Timely submission of an application along with all supplemental documents, including transcripts, resume, and two references.
- Passage of all prerequisites with a grade of “C” or better within 7 years of the program state date for science courses or 10 years of the start date for non-science courses.
- Microbiology with lab
- Anatomy and physiology I and II with lab
- Principles of chemistry
- Statistics I
- Lifespan development
Felician University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), located at 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Founded in 1919, MSCHE is an independent corporation that serves as one of seven regional institutional accreditors in the United States. To learn more about the MSCHE and its accreditation process, please call 267-284-5000 or visit msche.org.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing program, master’s degree in nursing program, the Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and post graduate APRN certificate programs at Felician University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
The ABSN program at Felician University is approved by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing (BON), located at 124 Halsey Street, Newark, NJ 07102, 973-504-6430.
Ready to Begin Your Nursing Journey?
If you’re interested in becoming a nurse in New Jersey, Felician can help you get there. Nurses daily do the important work of changing lives, and now is the ideal time to begin. Contact our admissions representatives to learn more about the ABSN program at Felician.