Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical Nursing
Learn More about Becoming a Plastic Surgery Nurse
Plastic surgery nurses help patients undergoing plastic surgery or recovering from procedures. They work directly with surgeons in the operating room where procedures range from small and elective, such as dermabrasion and facelifts, to more complicated procedures like facial reconstruction, breast replacement after a mastectomy, or deformities generated by cancer.
- Earn your BSN (courses in surgery and patient recovery recommended)
- Pass the NCLEX
- Work for two years as an RN in surgical nursing, with half of your practice hours in plastic surgery
- Pass your Plastic Surgery Nursing certification board exam and become a CPSN
Annual Salary Range
$52,500 – 92,500
- Sterilizing equipment
- Preparing the operating room
- Caring for patients before and after surgery
- Private clinics
- Operating rooms
RN, Certified Plastic Surgery Nurse (CPSN)
Ready to become a plastic and reconstructive surgical nurse?Find a nursing school in your area!